Are you someone who likes making others smile? Would you enjoy taking part in making a family’s vacation experience extraordinary? If so, you are the type of person we are looking for! Casiola vacation homes is looking for an experienced bookkeeper to record all financial transactions, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments. You will post information to accounting journals/software and reconcile accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, suppliers ledger, customer ledger and general ledger
- Set up and establish utility accounts for our vacation homes and ensure accounts are paid on time every month
- Responsible for establishing licensing for all new vacation homes and maintain year over year
- Bring the books to the trial balance stage
- Perform partial checks of the posting process
- Complete tax forms
- Enter data, maintain records and lunch reports and financial statements
- Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner
- Prepare owner statements and check for accuracy
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and in Google Apps for Work
- Customer service orientation
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- We consistently work under pending deadlines, so time management and multitasking skills are a must.
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
This is a Full time position (40 hours / week) with a starting rate of $15 per hour.