Disney has already revealed many details about the new Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge attraction opening this summer. The interactive world of planet Batuu will be an immersive experience, impressing even the most avid Star Wars fans. You’ll be able to ride the Millenium Falcon, drink blue milk at Oga’s Cantina and shop the booths of the Black Spire Outpost.
Along with these high-level details, the Disney creators have taken extra care to include tiny details only the biggest fans will notice. Keep an eye for these “easter eggs” as you explore the world of Star Wars!
- The cargo ship above Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo has three containers, each with a number. Those numbers represent the release year for each film from the original trilogy.
- Hondo Ohnaka, the leader of your mission on Millenium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run, appears in the Star Wars cartoon series.
- Ronto Roasters utilizes an old podracer engine to cook its meat.
- R2D2 has left some droid marks on the ground outside the Rise of the Resistance ride.
- Toydarian Toymaker’s sign includes a familiar face from the Phantom Menace—Watto. The store also houses a replica wooden Stormtrooper doll seen in Rogue One and toy replica of Jabba the Hut’s sail barge in Return of the Jedi.
- Outside Toydarians is a replica of Han Solo’s Mobquet M-68 landspeeder.
- The Creature Stall sells the pets seen in all the films—you can take home everything from a wampas to a tauntaun to a banthas.
- In the Droid Depot, you’ll find droids of all kinds—Imperial enforcer droids, battle droids, Imperial probe droids—some in better shape than others!
- Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities has some of the best hidden details. Don’t miss the golden statue head of Jar Jar Binks, a medal of bravery from A New Hope, and mounted taxidermy heads.
- Oga’s Cantina, where Obi-Wan cut of Ponda Baba’s arm, has a tank decorated with a picture of Ponda’s arm. Above the bar sits a Worrt from Jabba’s palace in Return of the Jedi. All the drink names are also give a nod to the franchise.
- You’ll also spot a hidden Mickey on the side of the building across from Ronto’s Roasters.
After a day exploring the new Galaxy’s Edge land, return home to your Casiola vacation rental to relax and unwind. Each rental has comfortable living spaces, fully-equipped kitchens and all the conveniences of home. Plus, you’re just a few minutes from all the Disney fun!
#Disney #StarWars #GalaxysEdge #eastereggs #hiddenMickeys