As a part of our commitment to the well-being of our guests and team members, we are carefully monitoring the evolving coronavirus situation. We are receiving regular updates from the Florida Department of Health, and we are continuing to implement preventative measures in line with the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health agencies.
Florida governor issues statewide, 30-day stay-at-home order
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis issued an executive order Wednesday instructing the state of Florida to “take a pause” for 30 days and stay home amid the coronavirus pandemic.
DeSantis said the statewide stay-at-home order will go into effect Friday April 3rd, 2020 at 12:01 a.m. and will continue through May 1st, 2020 at 12:01 a.m. Residents will still be allowed to go out to get essential supplies, including food and groceries.
“I’m issuing an executive order directing all Floridians to limit movements and personal interactions outside the home to only those necessary and essential activities,” the governor said.
Gov. DeSantis suspends vacation rentals in Florida
Gov. Ron DeSantis is ordering to suspend new vacation rentals in Florida for the next 14 days. DeSantis made the announcement during a press conference on Friday.
Florida’s Governor has issued an Executive Order that suspends vacation rentals for new stays for the 14 days starting March 27. This order does not affect current in-home guests. We are ready to welcome you again starting Saturday, April 11.
What Casiola is doing:
Casiola has a high standard for cleanliness which aid in the prevention of illnesses. We have always and will continue to follow our health and safety protocols that we have in place such as:
- Training for our team members with ongoing reinforcement on a regular basis
- Defined procedures for cleaning and disinfecting targeted areas of our properties and offices
- Cleaning and sanitizing each property after guest check out, including all surfaces, kitchens, bathrooms, and other common areas
We will continue to adjust our operations according to the recommendations of health authorities as the situation develops.
We understand that you may be hesitant or unable to travel during the current circumstances. In efforts to assist during this time, we have temporarily modified our cancellation policy to allow more flexibility to our guest.
If you arrive in less than 30 days, you may choose from the following two options:
- You can re-book and travel on a later date this year.
- You may cancel your reservation and we will reimburse you the full amount of your booking, minus a $100 processing fee to help us cover administrative and payment processing costs.
If your arrival is scheduled more than 30 days from now, you may cancel your reservation and receive a full refund as always.
New Casiola opening hours: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
What you should do:
There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
Clean your hands often
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
Avoid close contact
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
Cover coughs and sneezes
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water.
Wear a facemask if you are sick
- If you are sick: You should wear a facemask when you are around other people
- If you are NOT sick: You do not need to wear a facemask unless you are caring for someone who is sick
If you notice these symptoms: fever, runny nose, headache, cough, shortness of breath, chills, body aches: